How do I know if I need an HMO licence?

If you are looking to rent out your property as a house in multiple occupation (HMO) in England or Wales you should contact your local authority to see what rules apply in your area.

If your property has more than 5 rooms then you are automatically required to have a licence regardless of the geographical area under new Government legislation.

Contact us and we can check with your local authority to see if you need an HMO licence.

Leave a Comment